Book Blogger Hop; Who Is Your Favourite Horror/Suspense Author and Why?

It's Friday again, which means it's time for another Book Blogger Hop-post, thanks to the blogger behind Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The question of the week was "who is your favourite horror/suspense author and why?".



In my case, it came down to two authors; Susan Hill and Edgar Allan Poe. Personally I find them really good as they know how to make a creepy atmosphere in their writings. I remember that while reading TheWoman in Black, Susan Hill had this thing about describing things in such a way that I almost felt that I could see, smell and experience everything that happened. Edgar Allan Poe is after all Edgar Allan Poe and he is a champion in his own right when it comes to creepy tales. Don't even get me started on him, as I've analysed several of his works while at university.

Comments

  1. I have not heard of Susan Hill, but Poe is an excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How is it possible NOT to like Poe? And if you decide to read Susan Hill, you're in for a treat. :-)

      Delete
  2. Yes, The Woman in Black is great. No matter how many times I see the stage version, I jump every time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Spotlight; Dancing in the Rain av Lucy Appadoo

Review; The Prettiest Girl in the Grave by Kristopher Triana

Annoncing the 2023 Diversity Reading Challenge